Friday, 23 May 2014

Roger Level - 1000 Faces Scotland - Loch Arthur

1000 Faces Scotland will be at Loch Arthur Café and Creamery, Beeswing

I'm not taking part in Spring Fling this year. Instead, on Saturday 24th May and Monday 26th May I will be continuing my search for 1000 Faces of Scotland at Loch Arthur where I will be setting up my studio in an 8x4m marquee.

This non political project involves taking portraits and short personal statements from individuals who wish to take part. In my travels during the next 12 months or so I am hoping to collect a wide cross section of people currently living in Scotland. Running in parallel with this I will also be collecting similar information from visitors to Scotland. So please don’t feel excluded if you don’t live in Scotland., it will be great to see you anyway.

I have recently made an important addition to the project that involves taking a short video and audio. The aim is to capture more of the facial features, mannerisms and variations in language and dialect of my subjects. This will give anyone who comes along the opportunity to “Give Your Tongue a Birl” or simply talk about something that interests you or you feel passionate about.

Loch Arthur is one of several Camphill Community projects. This Newly built Shop and café is an excellent place to visit and enjoy a cuppa along with a healthy meal from their wonderful selection of food and health food products.

I you have never been to Loch Arthur then you will find it midway between Dalbeattie and Dumfries just off the A711 at the Beeswing crossroads. An important note however is that it does not open on Sundays.

SEE YOU THERE!



Roger Lever
www.rogerleverphotography.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Rogaman

No comments:

Post a Comment