Tuesday, 24 November 2015

David Moses - Why go on a photography workshop?

Why go on a photography workshop?

You could go alone to somewhere you think will have potential and then hope to stumble across a couple of good spots and then hopefully take some pictures that might work.

Or, you could sign up for workshop from a pro photographer who knows how to get the most out of a given situation, can guide you through the process and be on hand to offer feedback and advice as and when you need it. I know what I prefer. And the good thing is, whatever your preferred taste in photography, there is probably a workshop happening nearby that will be appropriate.

Advantages to you - the biggest advantage from attending workshops is that they give you a way to do things. For example, I don’t know much about wildlife photography. Now I could go and try to take some pictures of animals and maybe I would get lucky. More likely though I would come back with mediocre shots. What I would actually do is attend GPC member Tom Langlands workshop (here) and I would learn tried and trusted methods of getting results. Now that is a much better place to begin isn’t it?

Good photographers are always learning - just like successful people in any industry. They jump at the chance to learn new skills, methods and techniques.

If you are interested in street photography, I am running a workshop (click here for details) in January to show how I approach it, what techniques I use, what settings I start with, what I look for and how I work a scene.



I think my favourite thing about attending workshops is that I always leave filled with ideas and hungry to go out and shoot more, and that is always a good thing.


David Moses
http://davidmoses.photoshelter.com
https://www.facebook.com/davidmosesportraitphotographer

3 comments:

  1. Hi David, I noticed one of your group did some landscape workshops a while ago. Is that right? Are you planning to do any more? Can you let me know if you do as I'd be interested in booking a spot for my husband.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline

      Yes, you are correct - we ran a landscape workshop earlier this year. We have a couple of different workshops coming up. If you would like to email me david@dmosesphoto.co.uk I can pass along the details for you to have a look at.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      My contact details are in the post above too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Caroline

    Yes, you are correct - we ran a landscape workshop earlier this year. We have a couple of different workshops coming up. If you would like to email me david@dmosesphoto.co.uk I can pass along the details for you to have a look at.

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    My contact details are in the post above too :)

    ReplyDelete