Monday, 23 May 2016

David Moses - How I learned to stop worrying and love workshops

This coming weekend (May 28th) I am running a flash photography workshop at Shambellie House in New Abbey. I love doing these, because it’s an opportunity to give something back to the photography community - especially for beginners.



I remember when I was first starting out - I had no clue whatsoever. But the photography industry has a very strong grass roots support network - think of how many camera clubs, websites, forums, trips, outings, workshops, books, videos, tutorials there are. I attended many workshops from professional photographers and each time I came away with new ideas, tips, techniques and was able to implement those into my work. I resolved to always offer support and education to other photographers once I had established myself because I really believe in the principle of giving back.

So what can you expect from this workshop? By focusing on one particular element of photography you can really get the tools to explore something. The aim is not to learn everything that ever has been and ever will be, but to take one idea and run with it. In this instance, the one idea is using a flash. We’ll start at the beginning - how to make your flash work and go from there. By the end of the day you will be able to use your flash off-camera to take eye-catching, distinctive photographs.

All learning is about confidence - I will give you the confidence (through practical experience) to take your new found skills with you.

If you are afraid or unsure of your flash then this is the one for you, click the link to find out more and book now (limited spaces, booking essential).

http://davidmoses.photoshelter.com/p/workshops


David Moses
http://davidmoses.photoshelter.com
https://www.facebook.com/davidmosesportraitphotographer

No comments:

Post a Comment